“Ecoalf was born in 2009, both the name and concept of the brand came after the birth of my two sons: Alfredo and Alvaro. I wanted to create a truly sustainable fashion brand and I believed the most sustainable thing to do was to stop using natural resources in a careless way to ensure those of the next generation. Recycling could be a solution if we were able to make a new generation of recycled products with the same quality and design as the best non recycled.
12 Years after, our mission and vision remains intact, if possible with more strength and clarity than ever.
Our planet is shaking and we need to act. It is time to take responsibility. We believe we have a mission that goes beyond just business. Fashion is one of the largest consumer goods industry in the world and the second most pollutant. I believe the time when fashion was just about looking good is over. More than ever it has to be about doing what is right and feeling good about it. We have a chance and a responsibility to rethink the business model we want for the future. Nothing could be worse than a return to normality.
We would like to share our reflections and the measures we have decided to commit to with more conviction, if possible than ever.
Love and affection,
OUR REFLECTIONS & MEASURES
- Ecoalf Team is convinced that Earth is facing a critical time and there is a need to take action NOW!
- Everything we do at Ecoalf should be constantly evaluated with the goal of doing the less harm possible to the planet and local communities. What you do is not enough anymore. How you do it, is!
- We believe the fashion business model with a new trend every month and the idea of buying/throwing, buying/throwing is creating a terrible impact on the planet in terms of natural resources consumption, energy and emissions.
- We don´t support promotional campaigns that nurture impulse buying and generate an excessive amount of waste that ends up in landfills.
- We believe in the need to reformulate nonsensical seasonal patterns. We can only achieve this through partnering with all the different fashion stakeholders (wholesalers, agents, brands, shows organizers, agencies...).
- Sustainability, innovation, quality and timeless design is a must for Ecoalf as a sign of durability and responsibility. Fashion trends are not one of our core design principles. We believe good design is neither new or old. It is merely a bridge from the past to the future.
- We don’t support overproducing. It creates waste and natural resources are not endless. We stand by this belief, even if it results in less sales.
- We are not afraid to show our weaknesses, frustrations and challenges. We are not perfect and do not claim to be so.
- As a proud member of the B-Corp community we acknowledge that our goal is not to be the biggest company in the world but the best for the world.
- Our goal is to reach zero carbon emissions by 2030.